Saturday, March 12, 2011

Full Term

37 5/7 weeks ago, Jason and I had NO idea our life would be heading in the direction it is going- mainly a baby that will be making its appearance no later than 11 days from now. And now we can't believe we are here. This week at the doctor I got a hug and a congratulations for making it this far. Baby #3 is showing absolutely no desire to leave the womb. She is at an estimated weight of what the girls weighed when they were about 5 months old too. I have been off of almost all the medicine I was taking to keep her in now for about a week with no change in anything so that is good. Because I had a C-section with the girls, I have one scheduled for this time. In case anyone is wondering, its on March 23 at approximately 1:30 pm. While part of me is hoping not to have to have the C-section ( no one really wants to have their abdomen cut open if they don't have to right?) I am so thankful to have made it this far.


We think the girls are as prepared as we can make them. We talk about the baby all the time. Parker's main concern is, naturally, that the baby will not take her toys and that the baby will not sleep in her big girl bed. She goes around the house confirming what toys are hers. Emma Jane is particulary fascinated with other babies (real and fake ones) which I am hoping will work in my favor!!


Our wonderful wonderful small group threw us a little shower a couple of weeks ago so that I could experience a baby shower while the baby was still in the womb. It was great for so many reasons not the least of which being the baby the shower was for wasn't in a hospital somewhere already. The theme was "Southern Bell-y" thus the reason I had such a lovely hat and hoop skirt on in the picture. We got a War Eagle diaper cake which was fantastic too.





Fabulous Diaper Cake



Guess the belly measurement game



The most flattering outfit ever...



Parker with a mouth full of fried chicken



Emma Jane really wanted to wear the hat




Sooo... the next blog post will hopefully be about the exciting and incredibly uneventful boring(yes, boring is a good thing) birth of Baby Broge #3!

1 comment:

Cindi Burger Barrett said...

YAY!!! So excited for you and your family. I'm so glad you guys got an official shower :)-you deserve it. Wish I could have thrown you a shower-Love you and I can't wait to meet Hannah Kate!