Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Samuel

Samuel Eduardo Machado is our godson. His parents (Marcos and Hannah) are Emma Jane's godparents. Today is Samuel's birthday. Now godparents worth having would probably have called today, but us? Nope. In our defense we were a little distracted by Marcos and Hannah's goddaughter who was being a pain in the...um...neck. Anybody want a colicky baby? How about a colicky baby who won't eat? Cause we got one. I won't say which baby we're talking about...just that her name rhymes with Hemma Blane.
In all seriousness, Emma Jane has had a rough day. Yesterday wasn't great for her, but today she just decided that she wanted to cry instead of eat. Luckily Mary Jane got to come home early from work because when she got here dad was pretty near tears. He was convinced the girl was deathly ill because she wouldn't eat and usually Emma Jane is all about the food. Okay...I'm exaggerating a little, I didn't think she was deathly ill, but I did learn something else about myself. Turns out I can ignore the crying and cuddle and coo and not let it phase me, but if they seem like they are in pain it just breaks the lump of coal I have hidden away in a Tupperware container where my heart should be.
All this is a way of saying...Marcos, Hannah sorry we didn't call today. It's 10:50 your time now and we figure it's too late. But know we were thinking about you and were meaning to. Tell Samuel we said Happy Birthday.

We love you guys.





When the Machados were in town a couple of weeks ago I told Samuel he could pick out his future wife. Here we see Samuel resorting to the sniff test. Who ever has the smelliest feet is out.

And we have a winner!
If you are curious to know Samuel's thoughts on this and, well all things Samuel you should check out his blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

William has a scratchy throat today and his is the saddest cry I have ever heard. Hope Emma Jane is feeling better today.