Sunday, January 25, 2009

Growing...and back to work

Okay...keeping this one quick....a much longer post is brewing. Last weekend was a trip and deserves its very own post. As for now...
Emma Jane is (drum roll please) 8 pounds five ounces.
I know
let it sink in for a moment. And it's a heavy 8 pounds 5 ounces. Everyone who held her this weekend commented on her "heft" and said something about her being "solid"

Parker (trumpets please) broke the 8 pound mark tonight. Took her exactly one week longer than her sister to do it but she did. Good job Parker.

This weekend also marked Mary Jane's triumphant return to work. This was obviously not her favorite thing to do. She like her job a lot, but...well the babies were here. Any mothers reading this will understand, likely even better than I do. All that said, Mary Jane did a great job. She works 12 hours shifts at the hospital and has gone back part time, which means she will be working two twelve hour shifts a week. Since Friday is my day off she will be working almost every Friday, and then a large number of Saturdays, because I have a decent portion of Saturdays off. This means we don't get to see much of each other, but unfortunately this is the way the schedule is going to have to work for a while.

Well, that's all for now. We now return you to your regularly scheduled aimless wanderings on the internet which started as a "I'm just going to check my e-mail really quick...only be five minutes" and has turned into, "I wonder what the weather is going to be like tomorrow, I wonder what the poll question of the day on IMDB is, and I wonder what new movie trailers are out there, I wonder what I can learn from howstuffworks.com, and what's new on MSN.com, and if any of my friends have new blog posts, and oh sure...I might as well check the broge blog as well.
Blessings,

PS Emma Jane has suddenly sprouted a bit more hair and has this adorable fluffy chicken head thing going. Love it.

No comments: