Thursday, November 6, 2008

I think Parker's just lonely...

So I have decided that Parker is just lonely. All this fussing is just her way of saying "Pay attention to me!!! Please!!! NOW!!!"
Why have I decided this? Because 90% of the time when she is fussing I can calm her down pretty quickly by doing this...

I simply get right up in her face and pretty quickly she calms down. If she is even remotely awake she opens her eyes and looks all around at my face and just gets a content look on her face. It doesn't work 100% of the time. If you're stomach's empty then no amount of me getting in your face is going to solve that. It will still be empty. Of course I imagine if you were really hungry and I did that to you it would shock/creep you out enough that you might forget about your hunger for awhile...so maybe it is working then and I don't know it.

It's pretty funny, because it doesn't work as well on Emma Jane. She seems to like it and be calm, but she fusses less and if I do it when she is fussing she looks at me with a "What is this supposed to do to help? My diaper's still wet, I'm still hungry...you haven't fixed anything. Why don't you go do something and THEN come be all cute with me. Sheesh"

I'm hoping this method of calming Parker down will work for a long time. I can just picture her being 17 years old and having her heart broken by some stupid boy and I pull her over and stick my eye right next to hers. She'll freak out and say "Dad! What are you doing?" And I'll say, "Calming you down?"

"What in the world makes you think that would calm me down?!?"

"Well it always used to."

"When dad? When did it calm me down? When I was a baby? When I was your little baby in the NICU? Well I have news for you dad, I'm all grown up now." "Honey, you will always be my little baby in the NICU" "Ug (storms off) no one understands me"

Oh the fun to look forward to ;)

On a more serious note. Please keep Camryn Akerson in your prayers. She is having surgery tomorrow. For those of you who do not know she is the beautiful, precocious, smart as a whip, 2 and half year old daughter of Scott and Val Akerson. They are members at Salem. Scott is the principal at the school as well the part time 8th grade teacher. Camryn has had a rough go of it in her short life and she (and her whole family) could really use your prayers. If you would like to learn more about them check out their website http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/camrynakerson

blessings

2 comments:

lizking100 said...

"Wow! All the fun of the regular Broge blog at a new earlier time. That's a blog I can live with."

Auntie Angie said...

Jason , you have got so much to learn. Just ask Uncle Bob! Just when you think you are so smart and you've got it figured out, the babies change! We know.... we are veterans! Just be prepared. Do what works today and have a "plan b" for tomorrow. We have been parenting three for a long time now and trust us, we know what we are talking about. It's all new to you, but to the veteran parents e know it's only the beginning for you and MJ. Just wait til the girls come home! You definitely will not sleep..... 12 yrs later and we are finally getting to sleep. Preston finally sleeps through the night! (and he's going on 7!) Love ya!