Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Weight" till Thursday.

Well, Emma Jane has yet to get her first dose of blood pressure medication. They wrote an order to give it to her if her blood pressure went over 120. And...like magic she was going up to 117 (still way to high) but not going over 120. Then they decided to write the order for if it goes over 110 and...she shot down to 107ish. It reminds me of when I was little. When I was a kid I almost got glasses. My vision wasn't so hot and they said next time they checked me they would probably need to get me glasses, and the next time they saw me...didn't need glasses. Then there was the time they were going to take my tonsils out. I was getting tonsillitis all the time and the next time I got sick they were going to remove my tonsils...and I stopped getting sick (for a while...these days I get tonsillitis all the time and Mary Jane wants me to get my tonsils out). I guess Emma Jane is just taking after her dad. For now....
Of course Emma Jane looked like this all day, and her blood pressure was only barely under the medication stage, so there is a good chance we'll be all medicated as soon as she wakes up. Meanwhile Parker looked like this all day:

Which I think was her way of saying: Medication? What's medication? I want some medication! Why can't I have medication? I'll raise my blood pressure....watch! Where's my pacifier? Where are you? Who are you? Want to see me poop? Hey what's that? Can I hold it? Can I touch it? Does it go in my mouth? Does it go in yours? Want to change my diaper? Can I help? How about that medication? Pick me up. Put me down.....

After a couple day self imposed sabbatical, dad was back to holding kiddos. Seeking to make up for lost time he went for two at a time.


You remember the old Charlie Brown book "Happiness is"?
Happiness is...two babies asleep on your chest.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the Broge babies so much it hurts.

Shannon

Unknown said...

That's a really cute picture of Jason holding both girls! They're getting so big :) And getting close to due date, right?!!

Auntie Angie said...

Who is the biggest (and fairest) of all? I think Parker looks and favors MJ. And all along, I have been of the opinion that Em-J favors Jason. It appears that their personalities are surfacing. But the big question in the Frost household is.... who is the biggest of all?