Friday, October 10, 2008

3lbs!!!

...and all that goes with it.
Yes, another mile stone to celebrate. The girls have hit 3 pounds. Of course that is still amazingly small, but it is another blessing, another brick in the road heading home.
So, as a part of being three pounds their life has begun to change in a major way. They start wearing clothes! The goal is to see if they are developed enough to maintain their own body temperature. So today we bathed them, clothed them, and swaddled them up something good. They got all "burrito" wrapped. And there is little cuter then a baby burrito wrapped.
Emma Jane enjoying a little pre-clothes burrito wrap.
Emma Jane getting clothed (Mary Jane would like you to notice the cute elephants)

Mary Jane with both the girls

family photo

the girls together. I love this photo because it sums up their personality so well. Emma Jane on the right, her arms at her side because she just couldn't be bothered to pick them up. She's laid back and asleep. Parker? She's was fussing and making it hard to get the picture with all her thrashing. She finally stops, looks up at her sister and says, 'What do they want from me anyway?'

I learned something about myself throughout today's adventures. You will all be happy to know that kangaroo days are pretty much over, they might actually be over. so...no more chest hair pictures to wade through in order to see cute babies. But the realization him me hard. I actually had a moment where I realized my girls had grown up a bit. Some land mark happened in their lives. We have already had the first of the lasts. As in the last time I will do kangaroo care, and I didn't even know it was happening when it happened. With that there was a small moment of...oh no my little girls are growing up.
Yes, I know...ridiculous. Yes, I know....if that got me wait till they crawl, walk, go to school, graduate, get married...etc. Turns out I'm going to be "that" dad.
ehh...there are worse things to be.

6 comments:

The Byrges said...

said simply,
i love this post and could not be more excited for this milestone!
congrats.
"Aunt" mel

lizking100 said...

3 lbs!!!!!

I knew they could do it!!!

TrentonandLaura said...

How exciting! They are as beautiful as ever!

Molly K Katy K said...

However will you manage 2 such giant little girls! I think you'll both figure it out somehow. I suggest some weightlifting; my favorite: the baby curl!

Shannon said...

I cannot believe how big they are getting. How awesome, CLOTHES!! I cannot wait to see them. You might have to borrow Tara's van to get those big girls home!!

Love you,

Shan

Cindi Barrett said...

Jason, I see you have two stickers on;).