Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Woods

So the question of the hour seems to be…Are the girls out of the woods?
Weeeeeeelllllll I wouldn’t say that.
Of course a very popular joke for people to make during this whole event is that there will never be a time when we don’t have to worry about them.
All that said there will be a time, Lord willing, when we’re doing the worrying in the non-hospital sort of way. Which brings us back to the question: are we out of the woods? That’s hard to answer. We’re certainly not in the deep dark heart of the woods, but I wouldn’t say that we were in a clear and open field either. There are still trees around but there is more then enough space between them so the sunlight can get in. Most of our concerns are no longer death related; rather they center on any long term ramifications and what we need to do to get them home. So far all signs point toward the girls developing normally and there are no obvious signs of complications. A lot of this will be something that plays out over time. After the girls finally do go home they will be followed by the doctors at the hospital for the next three years. (If you read that last sentence again you will note a key component to where things are…after the girls finally do go home) All in all things are going in the right direction and we’re very happy.
Granny and Paw Paw came for a short visit this week. Here's a shot of them holding the girls.

Emma Jane snoozing

Parker....I swear she was rolling her eyes at me...already. Oh those teenage years will be hard.

Emma Jane: "Five more minutes mom, just let me sleep for five more minutes. Then I'll get up, I promise."

Parker: "So...pops...daddy...what's up?"


Assuming I still have your attention, I might as well briefly address the other question which has been repeatedly asked of me: Where's the posts?
Well, I must admit that my Aunt Nancy's comment from yesterday's post is definitely part of the reason. However there was an ulterior motive this week as well. I decided I wanted to the 100th post to go up on October 31/Reformation Day/Halloween/All Hallow's Eve. And I decided I really really wanted the 101st post to go up on November 1st. Why? Well you'll have to wait and see, I'll go ahead and warn you that you it's really not worth they hype...but hopefully you'll tune in anyway. In the meantime...here is a sneak peak of tomorrow's post.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

LO0K AT THOSE CHUBBY BELLIES IN THOSE GREEN OUTFITS!!! JUST CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE REST OF THEM. YOUR TWINNIES ARE GETTING SO BIG!!

I LOVE THE BROGES!!

SHAN