Thursday, October 23, 2008

oddities

So I'm holding Parker tonight and she's being a little fussy and she's making sucking motions with her mouth. So I reach for her binky, but because of where I'm sitting I just can't quite reach it. And then I figured, hey wait a minute, we used to try and get her to suck on her fingers, now we never do. Now I couldn't reach her binky but her fingers...they were pretty close. Her arms were flailing around a little anyway so I took one hand and gently placed her fingers near her mouth. Parker's tongue flicked out a little and touched one finger. As soon as she had done that her eyes shot open, her other arm just fell and she shoved her whole hand into her mouth. I wish I could've gotten gotten video of it, it was one of the funniest things I've seen. She was just so excited about sucking her hand. She couldn't get that hand far enough in her mouth. Eventually it was more than I could take and I began laughing. Which startled her and her hand fell out of her mouth. She just sort of looked up at me as if to say "What?"

1 comment:

mrweaverphysics said...

I am the same way when I am trying to get the last bits of Cheetos residue off.

Last night sam was picking his nose and I asked him to stop. he the ate the booger. When I asked him why he did that he said he was getting his vegetables, because vegetables are green...

I love when he does stuff like that. It goes right into the ol' memory bank so I can bust it out when he is older.

Much love to you and your girls