Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Where's the camera?" or "I just want to hold my babies"

Friday was my day off. I spent the entire day with the girls at the hospital. It was awesome. The only thing which could have made it better is if Mary Jane was there too. But since she was at work, and since she specifically was working on my day off so someone could be there with the girls, the chances of having a day with her anytime soon are really small. And since we're in fantasy land, the 0nly thing which could have made this day better would be all four of us safely at home together for the day. Now that would be pretty fantastic, and Lord willing...it is coming.
It's amazing how fast the day goes. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it a million times before this is all said and done, but the hospital is a strange sort of time warp. You don't feel like you've done anything, but before you know it....bam it's 8 or 9 oclock at night.
Unfortunately I forgot the camera, so no new pictures of the girls. Which is too bad, I got the chance to bathe them in the tub, held them both and generally had a good time hanging out with my daughters. Meanwhile Mary Jane was upstairs waiting as her internal clock slowly brought her to the meltdown point at the end of the day. She holds it together well until the last few minutes and then if anything happens which will make her stay late she melts down....cause..."sob...sniff....I just...snif...sob...want to hold my babies".

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Mary Jane,

Hope you felt all better once you got to hold those girls.

Love you,

Shan