Saturday, October 18, 2008

stories

Parker does this a lot. It's cute and funny. (For that matter Emma Jane does it a lot too)


So I took to telling the girls stories today. I tried to stick to some of the classic kid stories/songs, but I put the girls into the stories. So, “Little Bunny Foofoo” became “Little Baby Broge…crawling through the forest, scooping up the field mice and patting them on the head. And down came the gooood mommy, and she said….you get the idea.
Then there was “Three little monkeys jumping on the bed” although (obviously) this time it was only two monkeys. So it went more like “Two little monkeys jumping on the bed, Parker fell off and bumped her head. Momma was the doctor and the momma said…” again, you get the idea. Finally we rounded story/song time off with a rousing rendition of the three little pigs, or the two little monkeys in this case. The two little monkeys were chased out of their houses by the big bad wolf and then they went to daddy’s house for protection. When the big bad wolf came to daddy’s house, daddy stepped outside with a shotgun and scarred off the big bad wolf. The big bad wolf went home to his mother crying because he was scared of the daddy. The mother wolf told her son he was foolish for having gone to the daddy’s house at all for everyone knows, “never mess with daddy.”
The girls really liked the story, and while they were hoping for an encore presentation daddy insisted it was way past bed time, and as he looks at the clock he sees it is for all of us little monkeys, and so…sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite.
Please dad...no more
You make me want to pull out my tubes....come to think of it everything makes me want to pull out my tubes...you know what? I'm going to pull out my tubes. That'd be fun! Why haven't I ever thought of this before? What's that? I have thought of that before? I've done it before? You're always trying to stop me? That's funny, cause I don't remember doing it before. Of course, my memory isn't all that good these days. Hey...you know what? I've got this brilliant idea. I'm going to pull out my tubes. That'd be fun! Why haven't I ever though of this before?

No comments: