Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A day in the life of...

It was a busy day today, but I figure, rather then tell you all about it, why don't I just show you.
But before we begin let us go back to our game from the other night, except this time for real. Below is a picture of the girls together. Can you tell them apart? To us they look drastically different and it is immediately apparent who is who. You'll have to read the whole post to find out if you're right.
Here goes:

Mom decided the girls needed some bathing. She started off with Emma Jane.
They're finally big enough to take baths in little tubs, which is kind of fun and kind of scary all at the same time. After all, babies are slippery when wet. Little babies are slipperier still, and little soapy babies are slipperiest of all.
"Ahh...this is the life"
After a bath it was time to get all spruced up in her new duds. Emma Jane had to admit, she was pretty stinking cute when it was all said and done. (So, Emma Jane was the one on the left. Okay, honestly...who got it right?)
Next it was Parker's turn for a bath:
"Oh dear Father in Heaven, save me from this horrible wetness"

"Mother, why do you do this to me? Can you not see that I am getting cold? Help me."

"Ahhh, warm...better"

After both had been bathed and dressed it was time for their photo shoot

"Psst. You think these guys have any idea what they're doing?"

"Ehh....probably not"

"Seester...I love you"

After a long hard day it was time to sleep (and poop).

7 comments:

Paul Luikart said...

Those ARE the cutest babies ever. The huge eyeroll there...dang priceless.

Lisa P said...

Hooray! I guessed correctly! You gave a hint the other day with Emma Jane's arms (with EJ, the arms are likely to be by her side, while Parker is more likely to be thrashing about in some way).

This is my first comment, but I've been following the blog every day since you sent it along to me. I am so happy to see the girls doing so well, and to see you and Mary Jane as giddy parents.

Here's to continued delight, wonder, and occasional bouts of rain! Cheers, Lisa

Aubrey said...

Oh my! They've gotten so much bigger since my last trip to the blog. I had a lot of catching up to do.

I can't believe how much they've changed. I"ve always thought they were beautiful but now...dang! They are such beautiful girls!

TrentonandLaura said...

I guessed right! promise!

Cindi Barrett said...

I got it right! I just am so happy to see them bigger and in clothes and being bathed in a TUB! I also set their picture on my phone for your phone number so it pops up when you call!

Christy Coffey said...

Such beautiful baby girls!! They look so cute taking their tubbies and getting all dressed up. I'm so excited to see they're big enough to be wearing clothes. Bill and I are so happy to hear they're doing well. The four of you are in our thoughts and prayers often. I haven't been commenting, but have been following your journey closely. Love you guys.

PS I have to admit I guessed wrong.. and I really thought I had it right.

Mary Jane and Jason said...

(way to be honest)