Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Giraffe needs water…and other things heard throughout the day

Today was a good day. About the biggest problem we ran into was that the giraffe needed water, which really isn’t a problem. I should probably explain. Giraffe is the name brand of the isolette the girls are in. It keeps them nice and humid as well as warm, and is always amusing me with its alerts. Sometimes it will begin dinging and flash in big bright letters “Needs Water.” If one of the girls gets too hot it will flash “baby hot” and if they get cold it will flash “baby cold.” I’m not sure why but “baby cold” amuses me. Not the cold babies. I don’t want my babies to be cold…but a machine that says baby cold…that’s funny.
Anyway, as I was saying today was a good day. Mary Jane was there for rounds and had a good conversation with the doctors. Everyone was in agreement and they all became “weaners” with the effect being, Parker began the weaning process. And she has responded like a champ. She has done much, much better. She did so well today they dressed her up in a bow (see picture below), gave her some food, and Mary Jane even got to hold her for a little while. Making the day even more fun we really loved Parker’s nurse today.
We are all sorts of thankful.
The bow is as big as her head...so cute.

5 comments:

lizking100 said...

Take that bow off that poor defenseless child!

kristin and matt said...

mary jane and jason...
i know we've lost touch over the years, but through the magic that is the blog-world, i found your blog. just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you and your precious girls. so happy that they are doing well and are getting such wonderful care. we'll continue to pray that they get stronger every day and that God prepares you both for this new chapter as a family of four.
take care,
kristin (etter) horlings

Todd and Mary Wolfram said...

"My God is an awesome God,
And I will every praise You!"

Anonymous said...

The bow is gorgeous....she is a diva now for sure!

Wendi said...

I hate when my giraffe needs water...again! (inside CICU joke). The girls look great- I like the bow... it's sassy!