Sunday, September 14, 2008

When it rains it pours...no really it pours

So it rained last night. It really, really rained. Nothing like what it was like for those in Texas, but we didn't too shabby. So I went to church this morning, came home, changed clothes to get ready for heading to the hospital, and just when I thought we were about ready to leave my mom comes upstairs and says, I think something's leaking down stairs. I head down stairs and sure enough...that rain water had found its way in. We were thrilled! Thankfully there was no standing water. We did a lot of work to the basement to turn it into a study area for me, and one of the things we did was put in some cheap carpeting. There wasn't a ton which came in and the carpeting did a good job of acting as a sponge. So I called Mary Jane, who was at the hospital, and would you believe my cell phone stopped working. There was a moment there where I just had to stop and say...okay God...yes, I know, you're still in control and the universe will work as use so desire. Thankfully the phone decided to work again. I'm not sure what was wrong with it, maybe it was just sad.
On the upside the girls had a good day and everything is going in the right direction for them. Parker's eyes can both open now. She has a tendency to open them only one at a time and still doesn't really like opening them at all. Generally, she doesn't like being awake. The girl has decided to be a little crankerpants. Which is okay with us. She has spunk and fight in her and she needs it.
Actually it is amazing how different they are. The girls both have such strong personalities that shine through three months before they were supposed to be born. Parker is a feisty little monkey. She's got spunk and energy. She flails around and never seems to stop moving. Parker will be the sort of girl who gets into mischief. Not because she's trying to get into trouble, but just because she runs head long in without thinking. I pray the Lord will grow her to be someone who has the courage to cling to her faith in any and all situations no matter the obstacles or opposition. Emma Jane on the other hand just lies there. If she is awake she just looks at you calmly and hardly ever fusses. Even when cleaning up her diaper she only fusses a bit as if to say, yep..this is embarrassing. But she has a stubborn streak. Remember, Emma Jane is the one who extubated herself five times. Three of them in the operating room. She will be calm and good but when she gets her mind set she will be as stubborn as a bulldog. I pray the Lord will grow her into someone who is stubborn for her Lord and will never look away. I pray they will both wise and loving. I can't wait to see what the Lord does through their lives.

Tonight was a beautiful night. It was the perfect fall night, just a little cool and crisp. I love a cool crisp fall night. Makes me want to get all Americana. Makes me want to drive out to Eckerts with my wife and pick my own pumpkin and pick our own apples. Now that is a fun time. Still a little early for that, but a nice fall Saturday out at Eckert's followed by fun fall activities and a nice fall walk is my idea of perfection.
Won't get to do that this year, but that's okay, because next time we do it it will be with our daughters!

2 comments:

Joel said...

A look into Americana, Jason. And doing things that you love with your daughters will be one of the best things in the world.

Thanks for the updates. The Hiebers appreciate them. Blessings upon your day and your family.

Lawrence said...

God Bless you and your family Vicar. I just found out about the twins coming early. My daughter came a little early and had to spend time in the premie ward. They are amazing and loving people in there and I know God is with not only with the staff, you, and your wife, but your sweet and very beautiful girls. All my love and prayers, Lawrence G.