Thursday, September 18, 2008

shmily

Today is Mary Jane’s birthday.
I’ve tried writing this post a couple of different times, a couple of different ways. The problem is, there’s just not the time, nor the words to say all I want to say about her. Mary Jane is a gift from God. I remember the first time I read Ezekiel 24 and heard God describe Ezekiel’s wife as the delight of Ezekiel’s eyes. I remember being blown away. What a description of how important Ezekiel’s wife was to him. I remember praying to God and asking him for a wife like that. (please ignore the events which occur after that…just talking about the love they clearly had for each other) In Mary Jane God answered me yes in spades. She is, after salvation, the greatest gift God has given me. She has strengthened my faith, in ways she doesn’t even realize. She has helped me to be a more godly man. She’s loved me unconditionally, and kicked me in the derier when I needed it. Anyone who knew me before Mary Jane can easily testify to how good she has been for me. She has helped me focus and be the man I needed to become. And none of this was done in some overbearing way; it just happened as she met me and loved me as a wife should love a husband. She’s the fiercest, most loyal, most loving, and cutest person ever. She’s my favorite, and if I have to go through all this I am so thankful I can do it with her at my side. There is no other woman I would ever want to be the mother of my children, the grandmother of my grandchildren, or the woman by side every morning I wake up.
God, thank you for Mary Jane.
Mary Jane…Happy Birthday.

“We should get jersey’s, cause we make a good team. But your’s would look better than mine cause you’re out of my league. And I know that it is so clichés to tell you that everyday that I spend you is the new best day of my life.” ~ Reliant K “Must Have Done Something Good” (a song Mary Jane may never have even heard, but it came on my ipod while I was writing this and I though…hey…that’s what I’m trying to say)

3 comments:

Todd and Mary Wolfram said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady.

Happy Birthday!

Rick Stawicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.