Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More of the same...

Today was a lot like yesterday, only we called it Tuesday. The other difference between yesterday and today was that dad didn’t (in the words of Mary Jane) come unglued. Although it is worth noting that mom has decided it is time for her to stick her oar into Parker’s care and plans on being there for morning rounds tomorrow to put in her two cents. You see the problem is that Mary Jane is a weaner (i.e. one who wants to wean...the vent) and those in the NICU are more of um...non-weaners...while others are just slow-weaners....and there's nothing worse then a slow-weaner. (see...less unglued...bad humor is back)

We could go on like this for awhile, explaining what was going on but as the title to the post says…it was more of the same. Instead we decided to treat you with some uber cute pictures. At a time when the popularity of this blog is likely waning it was decided to jump the shark and bring in the cute kid.
A look at Parker's scar
"Oh my gosh...Have you heard the news? My sister's opening her eyes? Well...their half open, but cut the girl some slack...she's had a ruff week."
"Are you lookin at me? Are you lookin at me? Well, there's no one else around, so you must be lookin at me."
That's my wedding ring fitting around Emma Jane's arm...with room to spare. So what we're saying here is that her arms are smaller then my pinky, let alone the ring finger.
"Don't let go daddy."

10 comments:

lizking100 said...

Now was that SO hard???

melissernst said...

They're so amazing! I can't get over how amazing! I'm so happy I got to meet them...thanks for letting us visit for so long. And Parker's eyes are opening! Yay! And no, the popularity of your blog is not waning, at least not in this house.

Anonymous said...

Interest is not waning... I check everyday! :) I just wanted to let you know that the last photo is my favorite! Congrats to the both of you again.

Sara said...

We check on you daily! Those are such precious pictures. We are praying for you...our 2 oldest always want to pray for "Parker and Emma Jane and Parker and Emma Jane's mommy and daddy" every night when we put them to bed. :-)

The Keeners

Molly K Katy K said...

Now that grad school has started; the blog is one of my only distractions. I check on average every 3.7 minutes! Shockingly, you don't post that often. Love the updates! Glad things seem to be a little more mellow in the last 24 hours (or that just could be my persception)! My love to the 4 of you. Praying everyday. My PNP class knows all about the girls, and I give them regular updates. Parker & Emma Jane are the famous St. Louis NICU babies!

Love you!

Matthew, Janet, Elissa and Sara said...

Interest waning?!! Are you nuts?!(well, Jason -- I know you are,...) We check several times a day! And the while family continues to pray daily for you,..especially the girls. They are always asking about you and Parker and Emma Jane. The wedding ring picture is absoultey priceless and truly puts in perspective how tiny they are! wow. Much love.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures guys! Those with the wedding ring around the arm are particularily powerful! We have been praying nonstop for your beautiful little girls!!!

mrweaverphysics said...

Hey, you better have a talk with li' Emma Jane. I thought she was the "good" one. Lest my eyes are playing tricks, in that last pic it looks like she may be giving the "bird"

:P

Love and Humor... always

maryge said...

Mary Jane they are so cute!!!!My prayers are with you guys!!!! Remember Robbie was a 25 wk 730 gm. He's now a strapping almost 17yr old. Miracles happen every day and you have 2 beauties!!!

Mary Epperson

Cindi Burger Barrett said...

I will agree with all of the posts that interest is not waning, but much love on the "ring on the arm" picture. Loved it! Mad props to Mary Jane putting her two cents in on the morning rounds. Do it, girl.