Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The "Little Beautifuls"

I will write an update later tonight. These are some "old" pictures. (That's not saying much when they are only three days old...as of a couple of minutes ago) I just thought you might like to see these before I have time to write more.
EMMA JANE:






Looking at her ribs is a strangly heart wrenching and inspiring thing. She looks so thin and fragile. But...WOW... God's creation is amazing, and even this young...there they are.






We've been giving Parker a hard time for being a bit of troublemaker, but in all fairness it should be mentioned that Emma Jane is a bit of a stinker too. She's pulled her breathing tube out five times already. (Three at delivery) If you're looking carefully at this picture you can see her sneaking her fingers up there. (my little stinker)








I think this may be Emma Jane's first silly face. In this way....she's taking after her dad.












PARKER:




So this little sneaky monkey likes to stretch out. Which is odd. Babies usually like to be all snuggled up. The cloths going across holding her arms in makes them feel all snug as a bug in a rug. But not Parker, she gets bundled up, the nurse turns around and, even with her eyelids fused shut, she reaches out and sprawls out again.






We can't help wondering if this is why she made "The Great Escape". She just decided there wasn't enough room in the womb.









My little sneaky monkey

6 comments:

mrweaverphysics said...

simply beautiful
simply amazing.

As soon as I read "the great escape" I began to whistle the tune.

Pretty soon they will be quite the handful. You guys will need to get your defensive assignments all set.

"Man to man" is pretty much your only play. I am not sure if you want to play zone. Although if you still have the bass around, it could work out nicely.

love to you all
Weav

Shannon said...

Broges,

Thanks for the pics. I have been checking in all day on your blog. The most beautiful twins in the world!!

Love,
Shannon

Shannon said...

Jason,

My Dad said Parker's new nickname should be STRETCH because of her long arms and Emma's new nickname should be GUTSY because she keeps pulling out her tube.

Shannon :)

The Byrges said...

A note from your "Aunt" Mel,
Girls, I have talked at length with the pair of you while you were in mommies tummy about behaving. Having seen these beautiful shots of you that your mommy and daddy have taken, I'm in awe. Almost speechless really. It should be said that we have called all this "misbehaving", but truly I believe it is a kindred spirit that our Lord has given you. It is an ability to fight the good fight, to run the marathon. I look forward to days when you come home and I can babysit you, laugh at each of your eccentric ways, and relish in that fact that you will be allowed to "misbehave" anytime on Aunt Mel's watch. I love you girls. Stay strong and God Bless your hearts.

Uncle Jim and Aunt Nancy said...

Your experiences are very similar to ours were 21 years ago -- although in our case, the PDA was induced using protaglandin E2; the time relativity is the same though -- time passes quickly, yet so much information has been processed by the brain that when the event is replayed, it is hard to believe it fit into a matter of minutes or hours.

You (the 4 of you!) are in our prayers.

Jim & Nancy

Anonymous said...

They are Gorgeous! You 2 have been truly blessed. I still pray that you each are finding sleep & strength, as well as patience when the first two are on short supply :)


I check this blog several times a day because while keeping you in my thoughts & prayers I like to be specific (even though He doesn't need me to be).

Congratulations again & welcome to parenthood - tell the girls they didn't need to initiate you in such a dramatic way ;)